We’re happy to invite you to our Annual Meeting of Members and European Sangha Weekend, which will take place on 8-9th September 2018 in Warsaw, Poland.
- 8th of September, Saturday
- Meeting of Members (KUSZE MoM) ~1,5h administrative part
- Sangha Convention ~3h, creative/vision part
- 9th of September, Sunday
- Precepts Ceremony – APPLY ADDITIONALLY
See the preliminary agenda of MoM with all updates. Note that all legal matters will be closed during our short MoM, whereas the creative and exciting part of sharing the vision for Kwan Um School will take place during Sangha Convention.
We invite all Zen Centers to prepare and join the Meeting of Members (MoM) by choosing their representatives. Note that your student MoM representative can also be your delegate to the Sangha Convention. Let your abbess/abbot/group director know if you want to add more subjects or submit them to our Sangha Convention to discuss.
- Before the 1st of August 2018: Abbesses/abbots/group directors can add subjects to the agenda by sending them to European Office (email@example.com)
- On the 2nd of August 2018: The agenda will be updated online for the Sangha to discuss and prepare for the meeting of members during your local Sangha meetings
- Before the 31st of August 2018: Please choose a representative to vote and speak up for your Sangha during the meeting of members at your local Sangha meetings and register HERE (firstname.lastname@example.org / SW application TBA)
(1) the name of your Sangha representative and
(2) how many members you currently have.
Teachers (JDPSN, SSN) can serve as representatives in case no student is attending. The teachers can choose a representative but this representative can represent one teacher only. According to our bylaws, you can choose your representative in any way you wish (discussion, vote, etc.), but the representative has to be approved by your guiding teacher. You are entitled to choose your guiding teacher or a person from another Zen Center or Group, in case no one from your Sangha will attend the event. Representatives can represent up to 5 center and groups.
We are looking forward to seeing you at the Sangha meeting!