We’re happy to invite you to our Annual Meeting of Members and European Sangha Weekend, which will take place from 31 August to 1 September 2019 in Borisa, Spain.
Meeting of Members: Sunday, 01.09.2019 11:00.
See the MoM agenda and Reports UPDATED!
We invite all Zen Centers and Groups to join the Meeting of Members (MoM) by choosing their representatives. Let your abbess/abbot/group director know if you want to add more topics to the Agenda and they will let us know.
- Before 1st of July: Council’s and European Office’s action report and Financial Report (UPDATED HERE!) will be published here
- Before 15th of July: Abbesses/abbots/group directors can add subjects to the agenda by sending them to European Office (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Before 25th of August: Please organize your local Sangha meetings and choose a representative to vote and speak up for your Sangha during the MoM at your local Sangha meetings and send the information to email@example.com:
(1) name of the representative and which local Sangha do you represent
(2) how many members you currently have.
Teachers (JDPSN, SSN) can serve as representatives in case no student is attending. The teachers can choose a representative but this representative can represent one teacher only. According to our bylaws, you can choose your representative in any way you wish (discussion, vote, etc.), but the representative has to be approved by your guiding teacher. You are entitled to choose your guiding teacher or a person from another Zen Center or Group, in case no one from your Sangha will attend the event. Representatives can represent up to 5 center and groups.
IMPORTANT – TRANSPORTATION
This year Sangha Weekend takes place in the mountains of Spain, therfore it might be difficult to get there. Organizers are asking to think about transportation ahead of time and to group yourselves to rent and share cars. There is a facebook post here and car sharing file here, where you can publish your transportation plans for others.